Dr. Losada is the founder and executive director of Meta Learning, a consulting organization that specializes in developing high performance teams. He currently consults with executives and their teams at several corporations in the U.S. and around the world.
Formerly, as Director of the Center for Advanced Research (CFAR) in Ann Arbor, Michigan, he conducted studies on the interaction dynamics and productivity of business teams that led him to implement a unique, scientifically based, approach to develop high performance teams. His pioneering work on applications of nonlinear dynamics to team interaction processes has been published in a number of prestigious scientific journals, and he has made several other contributions that have earned him worldwide recognition:
• He has given seminars and worked extensively to develop high performance teams with several corporations in Germany, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Finland, Sweden, Ireland, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Argentina and Chile.
• He has given numerous seminars and workshops on meta learning and team performance at several major corporations in the U.S., including Apple, AT & T, Boeing, DTE Energy, EDS, GM, Merck, the Kellogg and Mellon Foundations.
• Dr. Losada was invited to present his work at Cambridge University in England, the Harvard Business School, the Graduate Business School at the University of Michigan, the Sloan School of Management at MIT, the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, Stanford Research Institute, and the Institute for the Future in Menlo Park, California.
• He presented his findings on applications of nonlinear dynamics to team interaction and productivity at the prestigious Director’s Colloquium in Los Alamos National Laboratory.
• He has briefed Vice-President Al Gore and the president of MIT, Dr. Charles Vest, on the interaction dynamics of high performance teams.
• He is currently developing high performance teams at BCI, CODELCO, Prosegur, Hatch and Abcdin.